Virtual Nintendo Entertainment System (NES) is a Nintendo emulator for Microsoft Windows. It allows you to play the actual Nintendo games on your PC.
Nintendo was, in the late 1980’s, one of the best game console systems available. I spent many hours between college classes playing and finally solving Super Mario Brothers. During the late 80’s it provided the best accuracy in games translated from the stand-up arcade machines.
There are curently two Emulators available for download. Neither is perfect, and some games will not play on them. Try the Nester Emulator first, it has the most adjustable options. If the game doesn’t play correctly try BioNES next. Enjoy!
Download Nester NES Emulator (79k)
Download BioNES NES Emulator (126k)
or Play Virtual Nintendo Online
So you need some games?
NES ROMS are available be searching for them in Google: Adventure Island, Arkanoid, Bad Dudes, Baseball, Bill and Teds Adventure, BurgerTime Castlevania, Commando, Dig Dug, Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Jr, Elevator Action, Frankenstein, FunHouse, Galaga, Gauntlet, Jurassic Park, Mario Brothers, Millipede, Ms. PacMan, Pipe Dream, Popeye, Qbert, Super Mario Brothers & Duck Hunt, Tetris, Ultima4, WWF, plus many more…
1) Download an emulator (Nester.zip and/or BioNES.zip)
2) Double click on the file you downloaded from Windows Explorer. Unzip the files into a directory (i.e. c:\nester). If you do not have an unzip utility, I recommend installing Winzip. You can download a free evaluation copy of Winzip at http://www.winzip.com
4) Run the emulator (either Nester.exe or BioNES.exe) by doubleclicking on the file from Windows Explorer.
5) In Nester click on File : Open ROM… and select the directory where you have your games (filename.nes). In BioNes simply select the directory where you have your games (filename.nes). Choose a game to play.
|Up||Up Arrow||Up Arrow|
|Down||Down Arrow||Down Arrow|
|Left||Left Arrow||Left Arrow|
|Right||Right Arrow||Right Arrow|
7) Tripletsandus does not offer support for these games.