Relive the the 1980s Culture, News, Fads & Sports through our web pages. Our 80s website is dedicated to the 1980s, the greatest decade to grow up in.
80s Culture, News, Fads & Sports
- Don’t Call Me Generation X
- Ways to Tell If You’re Stuck in the 80’s
- The 1980’s Timeline (News, Events, Deaths)
- The 1980s Fashion and Clothes
- Fads from the 80s
- Slang terms from the 80s
- 80s Sporting Events and Who Won
- Alphabetical List of 80s Video Games
- Alphabetical List of 80s Game Consoles and Electronic
- 80s Costume and Party Ideas & 80s Halloween
- Visit our 80s Merchandise Store (Books, Music, Movies, Games)
I am a child of the eighties. That is what I prefer to be called. The nineties can do without me. Grunge isn’t here to stay, fashion is fickle and “Generation X” is a myth created by some over-40 writer trying to figure out why people wear flannel in the summer. When I got home from school, I played with my Atari 2600. I got up on Saturday mornings at 6 a.m. to watch bad Hanna-Barbera cartoons. Ronald Reagan was cool. I drank Dr. Pepper. “I’m a Pepper, you’re a Pepper, wouldn’t you like to be a Pepper, too?” The world stopped when the Challenger exploded. We are children of the eighties. That is what I prefer “they” call it.